20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”
Hello every body pray your monday was a grate start of this week, and was just wondering what are some of the things you do during this Christmas season with your famiy to glorify and celebrate the birth Jesus, now I know we do alot of crafts and activitys etc... but im talking about thoughs sweet traditions that just glorify the birth of JESUS
I would love to know and learn and hear about some sweet ideas:) and of course share some pretty cool things we enjoy doing as well
Here are a few of them
- interactive nativity set, we have them take turns everyday opening one box and my husband explains and reads to them who each person is and there importants
- We do a study on the real meaning of the Candy Cane
Look at the Candy Cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are redLike the blood shed for me
White is for my Savior
Who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus My Lord, that's for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me
- We make gifts for neighbors and friend and as we make them we explain that we are showing a small bit of the love of Jesus
- we also make a nativity set out of Popsicle sticks Ill be sharing on that on my other blog this week
- We read some very special childerns books about the Birth of Christ
- When we pray we Thank the Lord that we Get to celebrate his beautiful birthday
- And last but not lest my personal fav we make a birthday cake for Jesus every year so that on Christmas day we lite the candals and sing Happy Birthday to JESUS!!!!!!! Yay I love~love ~love doing this, last year was our first time but thats because we moved and my sweet hubbys grandma made that cake every year and we would all sing happy birthday to JESUS I loved it since the first time I seen his family do it, I asked my Thomas do you all do this every year??? He said of course ever since I could remember It- is -JESUS'S- birthday :) Thank you Jesus
God bless you all